“We are here to serve & protect”
Fuck! the Police
“We are here to serve & protect”
Fuck! the Police
Ex-Israeli soldier speaks out… what he says will change everything you think you know about Israel
The talk by Eran Efrati was filmed in Denver, Colorado on March 3, 2014 as part of The Soldier and the Refusenik U.S. tour with Maya Wind. Eran talk about his experiences in the IDF and then more broadly discusses Israel, its relationship to the U.S. and the global expansion of militarism.
Eran Efrati, 28, was born and raised in Jerusalem. After graduating high school he enlisted in the IDF, where he served as a combat soldier and company sergeant in Battalion 50 of the Nachal Division. He spent most of his service in Hebron and throughout the West Bank. In 2009, he was discharged and joined Breaking the Silence, an organization of veteran Israeli soldiers working to raise awareness about the daily reality in the Occupied Territories.
He worked as the chief investigator of the organization, collecting testimonies from IDF soldiers about their activities. He also guided political tours and to the West Bank and worked to educate Israeli youth about the reality of being a soldier in an occupying army. His collected testimonies appear in the booklet “Operation Cast Lead” and their most recent release “Our Harsh Logic”. Since leaving Breaking the Silence, his investigative reports appeared in The New York Times, The Washington Post and The Guardian. Today he is active with the Israeli groups Anarchists Against the Wall and Boycott from Within.
Key points from this lecture
- There is a heavy indoctrination in Israel, from an early age in schools, which uses the holocaust to create paranoia and fear against ‘the enemy’
- Israeli soldiers are trained intensively for a war, whilst their actual military duties are to subdue and control Palestinians
- Israeli soldiers routinely humiliate, intimidate, arrest, beat and kill civilian Palestinians to ‘protect’ illegal Jewish settlers in occupied territories
- Many Israeli soldiers are aware what they are doing is wrong, but have no way out and feel pressured to continue
- Palestinians who require medical attention, have to go through military checkpoints – to do this they require permits
- They give these permits to lawyers of ‘Doctors without borders’ and then prevent them from going to the West Bank – meaning Palestinians do not receive permits
- Israel uses a clever process to cover itself legally to the world
- During Operation Cast Lead, Israeli soldiers were traumatised and confused the atrocities they saw in Gaza
- Israel would bomb civilian areas to clear the way for Israeli ground forces, use tank shells, air-strikes and illegal white phosphorus
- When wanting to speak out, via the ‘Breaking the Silence Campaign‘ the Haaretz newspaper refused to publish soldier testimonies after pressure by IDF Spokesman
- Breaking the Silence campaign itself was censored by the IDF Spokesman
- All media in Israel has to go through the IDF censorship
- The Israeli government and military make a lot of money by selling its weapons to other repressive regimes around the world,
- Israel tries and tests its weapons on Palestinians – ‘this is not (just) an occupation’ this is a laboratory for Israeli military weapons
- Israel uses undercover units in the occupied territories to start riots, and then justify the use of weapons against Palestinian protesters
- All police departments in the US are trained by the Israeli military and are taught the same brutal tactics used against Palestinians
- US police departments have already used such tactics in suppressing protests in the US, such as the Occupy movement
- Hit Israel where it hurts the most, boycott Israel
“Everybody knows, the apartheid regime will stop. The question is how fast, and how many people are going to die… until it will happen?”
A Marine who was prosecuted for a 2011 video that depicted he and other Marines urinating on corpses of Taliban members was found dead on Wednesday. His death did not appear to be a suicide, his lawyer told Marine Corps Times.
Retired Cpl. Robert Richards, 28, died at his home in Jacksonville, North Carolina, according to Guy Womack, Richards’ attorney. Richards was deployed to Afghanistan three times. He was badly wounded in one of those tours, as an improvised explosive device injured his legs and throat.
This is sick!! all over people are dying at the hands of government… Only We COLLECTIVELY CAN STOP THIS!!! #regram @anti_israel_free_palestine
😔 #gaza #gazaunderattack #children #childkillers #childabuse #israel #israeli #israhell #idf #donkeyforce #cowards #murderers #zionists #zionism #racists #racism #boycott #boycottisrael #boycottforever #freegaza #freepalestine #palestine #supporthamas #hamas #resistance #existance #obama #puppet
Occupied Ferguson…Occupied Palestine. Which is which? (Pics by MC)
This Mountain Dew tastes like urine.
The Ferguson Police Department says that Bryan Willman isn’t the shooter, Darren Wilson is.
I have questions.
The only Darren Wilson I know about is a black cop in St. Louis who is attempting to dismantle racism in the police force there.
Why would he, then, turn around and murder a black kid in cold blood as has been described by several witnesses?
Are they throwing him under the bus because he’s a troublemaker on the force? Is this them trying, literally, to kill two mockingbirds with one stone?
But why would Wilson co-sign?
Unless this is a different Darren Wilson.
I’m not saying that a black police officer isn’t JUST as capable of being a tool of the White Supremacist State as a white officer. I’m just saying that THIS particular black officer, if it’s the same Darren Wilson, seems to be relatively conscious about such matters. Why would he 180?
Something else that isn’t explained:
The conversation on Bryan Willman’s Facebook page—where he is clearly trying to hide himself and his identity from the public after the shooting, getting advice from his friends on how to do so, and who deleted his page after being named by Anonymous.
Why would a cop with nothing to hide, who didn’t pull the trigger, have to do all of that?
Also, some more cop bullshit about “He fit the description.”
A convenience store is supposedly robbed and you see a black kid and in your mind, 1+1 = 3?
I have more questions than answers.
And I detect a conspiracy.
I won’t believe a word of this unless it’s corroborated by the two black witnesses we’ve heard from.
I’m not the only person cynical about all this. There are hundreds of people on twitter not buying this shit
#Ferguson police trained by Israeli Defense Forces (IDF)
…and it comes full circle.
A mother’s worst nightmare.
She was preaching
this gave me chills
Black woman who lost her son just preached on systemic racism, antiblackness, Black ppls internalized self-hatred and white supremacy.
But some of y’all missed it
Thank you !
This proves they intend to get away with their actions, which are definitely illegal and inhumane. Anonymity + power is a devastating combo…
wait WHAT fucking hell
Not Ferguson related
but wtf lol
ALL THIS SHIT IS RELATED
antiblackness is not exclusive to ferguson
white supremacy is the product of a capitalist society founded on slavery.
Terrorist running after an human minding his own business.
might be the rawest pic I ever seen. and he got a bag of chips in his hand
THIS IS SO FUCKING METAL
With his dreads and his american flag shirt, this is everything
Can this become the next revolutionary icon?
Return that shit to the sender
Resistance is beautiful.
Since July 17th there has been five reported occurrences exemplifying the police and American justice system’s lack of reverence for Black life. These are the five stories that were able to attract at least minimal attention. Who knows what is going on out there covered up (like the Ferguson police is trying to do with Mike Brown’s murder), unrecorded, and unknown. In the past 23 days the police have perpetrated the humiliation, degradation, and murdering of Black dignity,souls, and people. Knowledge is power. Do not rely on mainstream media to give you the full/accurate story. They will always be complicit in the devaluing of Black life because Blackness has been criminalized in America. Please spread these stories and add any more that you know of under the hashtag #badges are the new hoods. We need to start documenting, and spreading information. They will try to silence us as they did to Ramsey Orta, and Alba Lekaj, the people who filmed the NYPD harasing and murdering Eric Garner. But united we can make a difference. Knowledge is power. Stay woke Black America, Stay woke.
this happened in the past 23 days